Acupressure is a gentle yet extremely powerful form of bodywork that works with the energy systems of the body.
Acupressure is an alternative medicine technique that has been used for thousands of years that is based upon the same principles as Acupuncture that seeks to promote balance, relaxation and wellness.
Achieved through sensitive and skilled pressure at various pressure points on our body that are located along the ‘meridians’ or energy pathways that stimulate ‘Qi’ or vital life-force energy. Allowing blocked Qi to flow more freely, to harmonise and return more equilibrium to our body’s energy system.
By creating flow and harmony at deeper energetic levels, Acupressure bestows deeper relaxation and healing to our bodies, balancing our emotions and enhancing our Spirit. Beneficial as both preventive care and in creating vibrant health.
Benefits of Acupressure include:
• fosters mental ease and clarity
• aids in prevention of disease and disorders
• releases muscular tension
• promotes blood circulation
• releases endorphins
• relieves stress
• aids relaxation
• promotes internal organs health
• improves immune function
• supports emotional balance
• balances moods and emotions
• harmonising for body and mind
• alleviates headaches and migraines
• digestive disturbances
• menstrual issues
Acupressure is incorporated into all bodywork treatments and private Yoga sessions